Providing quality veterinarian medicine and care with integrity and compassion.
Our goal is to build relationships with you and your pets through exceptional medicine and communication. We will work together with you to develop personalized treatment plans as well as provide preventative care to keep your furry companions healthy.
We know how much your pets mean to you and how important it is to have a trusted and caring medical team. Whether it be wellness check-ups, surgery, dentistry, or treatments when they are injured or sick, we strive to do what is best for your pet and your family with compassion, integrity, and skill.
Meet Dr. Amber Breclaw
Dr. Amber Breclaw is excited to serve the Hutto community with the opening of Paw Haven Animal Hospital. A native Texan, Dr. Breclaw grew up in Pearland, Texas, and is living out her lifelong passion to be a veterinarian.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a full-service small animal hospital, we offer a comprehensive range of veterinary services to care for your beloved pets. Some of the services we provide include:
- Preventive Care: We offer wellness examinations, vaccinations, and parasite prevention tailored to the specific needs of dogs and cats. Regular check-ups are essential for maintaining their overall health and preventing common diseases.
- Diagnostics: Our hospital is equipped with advanced diagnostic tools to assess the health of dogs and cats. We can perform blood work, urinalysis, radiographs (X-rays), ultrasound, and other tests to aid in the accurate diagnosis of various conditions.
- Medical Treatments: Our veterinarians are skilled in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions that affect dogs and cats. From common ailments such as ear infections, skin problems, and gastrointestinal issues to more complex diseases, we are here to provide the necessary medical care and treatments.
- Surgery: Should your dog or cat require surgical intervention, we are equipped to perform a variety of procedures. This includes spaying and neutering, soft tissue surgeries, tumor removals, abdominal surgeries, and more. Our team prioritizes safety, pain management, and a smooth recovery process.
- Dental Care: Dental health is crucial for both dogs and cats. We offer professional dental cleanings, dental radiographs, extractions, and dental treatments to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Our veterinarians can also provide guidance on at-home dental care practices.
- Pain Management: If your dog or cat is experiencing pain due to illness, injury, or chronic conditions, our team is dedicated to alleviating their discomfort. We develop personalized pain management plans that may include medication and other techniques.
- Nutrition and Weight Management: Proper nutrition is vital for the well-being of dogs and cats. We provide nutritional counseling and guidance to help you make informed decisions about their diet and maintain a healthy weight.
- Emergency Care: Accidents and emergencies can happen at any time. Our hospital is equipped to handle urgent medical situations involving dogs and cats. We prioritize prompt and compassionate care to address their critical needs.
- End-of-Life Care: We understand the emotional challenges of saying goodbye to a beloved companion. Our team provides supportive end-of-life care, including pain management, hospice care, euthanasia services, and grief support.
- Grooming: Our experienced, professional groomer is available to groom your pet at our hospital. We are also able to administer sedation if your pet requires it during their grooming experience.
- International Health Certificates: If you are planning to travel internationally with your pet, certain countries require a valid health certificate to ensure the health and safety of both animals and humans. Our veterinarians are experienced in providing the necessary documentation and completing the required examinations and tests to obtain an international health certificate for your pet.
Please note that the services we provide for dogs and cats may vary based on their specific needs and conditions. We encourage you to reach out to our hospital directly or visit our website for more detailed information about our veterinary services for dogs and cats.
At Paw Haven Animal Hospital, we provide comprehensive veterinary care exclusively for both dogs and cats. Our dedicated team of veterinarians and staff focuses solely on these beloved companion animals, ensuring that they receive the highest quality of care and attention. We understand the unique needs and health concerns of dogs and cats, and our services are tailored specifically to address those requirements. We are committed to delivering compassionate, comprehensive care to these cherished pets, and our hospital is fully equipped with the necessary facilities and technology to meet their healthcare needs. Please note that while we do not provide veterinary services for other species, we can offer recommendations and referrals for specialized care if required.
Yes! We are pleased to offer professional grooming services for your pets at Paw Haven Animal Hospital. Our skilled groomer provides the following grooming services:
- Bathing: We offer thorough bathing services using gentle, pet-friendly shampoos and conditioners.
- Haircut and Styling: Whether your pet needs a full haircut or just a trim, our groomer is experienced in various grooming styles. We can cater to breed-specific cuts or discuss your preferences for a personalized look.
- Brushing and De-shedding: Regular brushing helps keep your pet’s coat healthy and minimizes shedding. We provide thorough brushing and de-shedding services to help maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Nail Trimming: Overgrown nails can cause discomfort and even lead to health issues. We will carefully trim your pet’s nails to an appropriate length, ensuring their comfort and preventing any potential nail-related problems.
- Ear Cleaning: Proper ear hygiene is important to prevent infections. We gently clean your pet’s ears, removing wax and debris to maintain ear health.
- Anal Gland Expression: Some pets may require anal gland expression to alleviate discomfort caused by impaction or irritation. Our groomer can safely and effectively express the anal glands if necessary.
- Styling and Accessories: If you’d like to add a touch of flair to your pet’s grooming experience, we offer various styling options such as bows, bandanas, and accessories to enhance their appearance.
Please note that grooming services may have specific requirements and may vary based on your pet’s breed, size, and coat condition. We recommend contacting our hospital directly or visiting our website for more information on the grooming services we provide, including pricing and scheduling options.
Absolutely! We understand that emergencies can occur at any time and require immediate attention. At our small animal hospital, we are fully equipped to handle veterinary emergencies. Our skilled veterinarians and experienced staff are trained to assess and address urgent medical situations with a sense of urgency and compassion.
If your pet is experiencing an emergency during our regular business hours, we encourage you to contact our hospital immediately. Our receptionists will provide guidance on the best course of action and help you prepare for your pet’s arrival.
In critical situations where your pet requires specialized care or overnight monitoring, we may refer you to a nearby 24-hour emergency clinic. We maintain strong relationships with trusted emergency facilities to ensure that your pet receives continuous care outside of our regular business hours.
If you are unsure whether your pet’s situation constitutes an emergency, we recommend contacting us directly. Our knowledgeable staff can help assess the urgency and provide guidance on the best course of action.
Yes, we highly encourage pet owners to schedule appointments at Paw Haven Animal Hospital. By accepting appointments, we can ensure that each pet receives dedicated time and attention from our veterinary team. Here’s some important information about scheduling appointments with us:
- Scheduling: To make an appointment, simply contact our hospital by phone or through our website. Our friendly receptionists will assist you in finding a convenient date and time that works for you and your pet.
- Urgent Cases: If your pet requires immediate attention due to an urgent medical issue or emergency, please inform our staff so that we can prioritize their care. We will make every effort to accommodate urgent cases promptly.
- New Clients: We warmly welcome new clients to our practice. If you are visiting us for the first time, please let our receptionists know so that we can gather the necessary information and provide you with a seamless experience.
- Arrival Time: We recommend arriving a few minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in and any necessary paperwork. If you are a new client, please arrive a bit earlier to complete the registration process.
- Cancellations or Rescheduling: If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we kindly request that you notify us as soon as possible. This allows us to accommodate other pet owners who may be in need of our services.
- Walk-ins: While appointments are preferred, we understand that emergencies or unexpected situations may arise. We will do our best to accommodate walk-ins, but please note that scheduled appointments will take precedence.
By scheduling appointments, we can streamline our workflow and minimize waiting times, ensuring that every pet receives the attention they deserve. Whether it’s for routine wellness exams, vaccinations, diagnostics, or any other veterinary service, we look forward to serving you and your pet at Paw Haven Animal Hospital.
We strive to make your experience at Paw Haven Animal Hospital as convenient as possible, including offering various payment options to suit your needs. Here are the types of payment methods we accept:
- Cash: We accept payment in cash for all our veterinary services. Our receptionists will provide you with an itemized receipt for your records.
- Credit and Debit Cards: We accept major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. You can easily settle your payment using your preferred card at our hospital.
- Checks: We accept personal checks as a form of payment. Please ensure that your check is properly filled out, including the date, your signature, and the payment amount.
- CareCredit: We understand that unexpected veterinary expenses can arise. To help make quality veterinary care more accessible, we accept CareCredit, a healthcare financing option. CareCredit offers convenient payment plans with flexible terms to help you manage your pet’s medical expenses.
It’s important to note that payment is typically due at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made. We are committed to providing transparent pricing and working with you to ensure that your pet receives the necessary care while accommodating your payment preferences. If you have any questions or concerns about payment methods, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable staff.